A place for you to discover the wonders in your everyday life.

Google Website Translator Gadget

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Writing Makes Wonders

          Some people dread the phrase "writing assignment". But to me, a writing assignment means a chance to enhance the things I learn in class and skills I learn myself. Writing is a way for me to detach from the world and let all my thoughts out. Thoughts are crammed inside our brain and we don't even realize it. So to make my life less overwhelming, I write. 


        People like to write about different things; in my case I like writing about winter time. The serenity in winter time calms everything down-the peaceful snow, the beautiful decorations, and the warm, soothing, hot cocoa. To really express my feelings about winter, here's a little passage I wrote: 
As my brother, parents and I admire Rockefeller Center's grand Christmas tree, I glance up at the star, shining bright in the Christmas Eve sunlight. The Magic of Christmas has come alive. Walking over to the ice skating rink, I observe the glorious skaters, gliding across the ice. Their full focus into what they love. The aroma of coffee and hot chocolate make their way up my nose, welcoming a mug anytime. Christmas magic lies inside the ones who believe, the ones who cherish forever-the magic of Christmas.


       

4 comments:

  1. Wondeful! Beautiful blog Rishika! The description was fantastic. I am going to really enjoy your blog. You have a great skill in writing! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your picture and description very much. I'm following your blog and am going to encourage my friends to follow also. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rishika it's Victoria! I really love your blog and this blogpost.I also love the wintertime and I get sad when it leaves. Christmas is my favorite holiday and I get excited when that day comes!(Love the picture!):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Victoria,

    Thanks for your comment! Yes, winter is also my favorite season - but I love the other seasons too! Christmas is also one of my favorite holidays (we seem to have a lot in common)!

    Thank you again for your comment!
    Rishika

    ReplyDelete