A place for you to discover the wonders in your everyday life.

Google Website Translator Gadget

Thursday, November 4, 2010

An Experience of a Lifetime

Every passing day, I would always try to remember my life as a kid. With so many things going on like homework, chores, and after-school activities, I forgot what it felt like to be a kid. I still am one, but it’s not the same because there are so many other responsibilities. It’s like being tied up by the rope of illusion, it distracts you, trying to prevent you from enjoying life. But that’s when the day came, I realized to live - life needs to be enjoyed. That’s when I stepped around the corner, and the rest of the day was a dream.
I stood in front of one of the main attractions in New York, Toys ‘R’ Us. I dragged my feet in the heavily built-up snow as Mom trailed behind. I stepped in, as astonished as astronauts gracefully gliding in space. The neon lights on the mini ferris wheel shone calmly, “Orange yellow, orange yellow.” They dutifully did their job going in a pattern and fascinating the garrulous children to the extent of not talking. The children unknowingly disturbed their parents with petulant behavior for a desire of a toy. As I looked around in amazement, I observed the dream of a child; every little bit of it as I entered Toys ‘R’ Us in New York City. Quite a bit of the crowd refused to to enter the line for the ferris wheel because it struck them as tedious and a waste of time. But why think along those lines?
Right then and there I realized that no matter what, life is what you make it. If you think big, big will happen. Always think with an open mind and never stick to one thing. I also realized that I can still enjoy life even though I have many activities that may seem to tie me up. Life' s a balloon that someday has to burst; so make sure it's blown to it's full extent. 

The Tree of Life-it depends on you how much it grows. 
How much do you want it to grow?



This post has been written on 'my own choice of topic' for  The Edublogger’s Share Your Blogging Experience


10 comments:

  1. Your writing is amazing! I'm in London and I went to the Toy's R Us here. It's like your there with me. Your discription is awesome. Sometimes I wish I could pause life and just stay where I'm at with all my great friends and family. Life is an amazing journey if you spend it right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this may be one of your best posts yet! Well done! I love how you have incorporated simile, metaphor, and vivid word choice in this piece. I also really enjoyed how you incorporated a lesson that was learned as well. I think I will send this post out to the teachers around the globe, they may want to comment on it. Keep up the good work, and I am so happy to see how often you are blogging! Great job :)

    Mr. Poole

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful descriptive post with an image that added to your words, both well chosen. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Nimra,

    Thank you very much for your kind comment! Writers really enjoy when readers understand the message they need to convey. You are absolutely right in saying that life is an amazing journey if you spend it right.

    Enjoy the rest of your trip in London!
    Rishika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Mr.Poole,

    Thank you very much for your comment. It is an honor to receive a comment from the teacher themselves! Some of the credit for this writing also goes to you for your efforts in teaching us excellent writing techniques. Thank you again for your comment!

    Sincerely,
    Rishika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Mr. Wood,

    Thank you very much for your comment! It was simple and brought the message out very clearly. It is also an honor when another teacher from around the world comments on your writing. It's an indescribable feeling.

    Thank you once again!
    Rishika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Rishika,
    This post was amazing. I agree with Mr.Poole and Nimra. The details and verbs are great. An important lesson was also in the lines of your story. I think this post deserves to be blogger of the week. Keep it up! You are going to be a great writer some day!
    From,
    Simran

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Simran,

    Thank you for thinking that I will be a great writer some day! My dream actually is to be a successful author. Words cannot express my feelings right now. Hopefully your words will come true!

    Thank you once again!
    Rishika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rishika, I have to agree with everyone else. This is an amazing post. I wish I could write as well as you have here!

    And thanks for entering The Edublogger competition!

    Sue Waters

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Rishika!!!!!

    Wonderful work, keep it up.
    We are very happy that you won the Edublogger badge.
    Keep smiling and make others smile too.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete